The function of dispersant is to use wetting dispersant to reduce the time and energy required to complete the dispersion process, stabilize the dispersed pigment dispersion, modify the surface properties of pigment particles, and adjust the mobility of pigment particles, which are embodied in the following aspects:
Shorten the dispersion time, improve the gloss, improve the tinting and covering power, improve the color spreading and color mixing, prevent the floating color from blooming, prevent flocculation, and prevent sedimentation.
1. To improve the gloss and increase the leveling effect, the gloss mainly depends on the scattering of light from the coating surface (that is, a certain flatness). Of course, it is necessary to determine whether the coating surface is smooth enough, not only considering the number and shape of the original particles, but also considering their combination mode). When the particle size is less than 1/2 of the incident light (this value is uncertain), it will be reflected light, and the gloss will not be improved, In the same way, the covering power that depends on scattering to provide the main covering power will not increase (except that carbon black mainly depends on absorbing light, and organic pigments forget). Note: The incident light refers to the range of visible light; However, it should be noted that the reduction of the original number of particles is to reduce its structural viscosity, but the increase of the specific surface will reduce the amount of free resin. It is not good to say whether there is a balance point, but generally, the finer the powder coating is, the better.
2. Prevent floating color and blooming.
3. Improve the tinting power Note that the higher the tinting power is, the better it is in the automatic color mixing system.
4. Reduce viscosity and increase pigment loading.
5. This is the way to reduce flocculation, but the finer the particle surface energy is, the higher the adsorption strength of the dispersant is required, but the dispersant with too high adsorption strength may cause adverse effects on the film performance.
6. The reason for increasing the storage stability is similar to the above. Once the dispersant is not stable enough, the storage stability becomes poor (of course, it is OK from your picture).
7. Increase color development, color saturation, transparency (organic pigment) or hiding power (inorganic pigment).
The TEGO Dispers wetting and dispersing agent, which is the agent of Nanjing Hanbao Industrial Raw Materials Co., Ltd., helps to wet and stabilize the pigment, prevent floating, blossoming and settling of the pigment, maintain stable pigment covering power and color strength during storage, and ensure greater color yield and less grinding steps. Because these additives can reduce the viscosity and increase the pigment concentration to a higher level during dispersion, the paint and pigment concentrate produced are more cost-effective. TEGODispers 757 W is recommended for producing water-based pigment concentrate. For corrosion-resistant water-based coatings, it is also the product of choice. Like TEGODispers 750W and TEGODispers 755 W, it can meet higher optical and rheological performance requirements. For general color pastes that are suitable for both solvent-based and water-based formulations, TEGODispers 65x series is the existing market standard product without ethoxyalkylphenol. TEGODispers 656, 670 and 685 are particularly suitable for modern solvent-based formulations. In UV system, TEGODispers 685 is applicable to all pigments, and TEGODispers 688 is applicable to matting powder. All TEGODispers products do not contain ethoxyalkylphenol.